This time of year, sugary sweets bombard our senses from all directions, and it is important to know how to differentiate a temptation from a healthy treat. No matter how great your oral health has been, do not rest on your laurels and take a vacation from brushing and flossing. Bad bacteria and plaque never take days off and neither should you.
To help you keep your oral hygiene great for the holidays, consider the following when caring for your smile:
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Mountain Shadows Family Dentistry for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you been eating healthier and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
Come in today at Mountain Shadows Family Dentistry to book an appointment with Dr. Daniel Holsteen for all your dental health care needs. You can call us at 719-598-3502 and speak with a member of our team, or stop by our office in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Enjoy your holidays with a smile!